1. Idea Generation: This is the first step where you come up with new ideas for the development of a product. It involves brainstorming sessions, market research, and identifying customer needs.
2. Concept Development: Once the idea is generated, it needs to be developed into a concept. This involves identifying the features, benefits, and the target market for the product. It also includes creating a rough sketch or a basic model of the product.
3. Feasibility Analysis: This step involves assessing the viability of the product concept. It includes technical feasibility, market feasibility, and financial feasibility. This step helps to determine whether the product idea is worth pursuing or not.
4. Design and Development: In this step, the product concept is turned into a detailed design. This includes creating detailed drawings, prototypes, and specifications for the product. It also involves choosing materials, production methods, and other technical details.
5. Testing: Once the product design is complete, it is tested to ensure it functions as intended. This can involve laboratory testing, user testing, and market testing.
6. Manufacturing and Production: If the product passes the testing phase, it is ready for manufacturing and production. This involves setting up production lines, sourcing materials, and producing the first batch of products.
7. Market Launch: The final step in the product design process is launching the product in the market. This involves marketing and promotional activities to create awareness and generate sales.
8. Evaluation and Improvement: After the product is launched, it is important to evaluate its performance in the market and gather feedback from customers. This information is used to make improvements and modifications to the product if necessary.