Acalytica exists to connect, equip and inspire African people to understand and implement artificial intelligence in their endeavours. We serve as a catalyst for individuals and organisations to share their expertise in artificial intelligence whilst fighting for ethical use of AI through fair regulation that does not throttle invention and progress.
Promote artificial intelligence in Africa to maximize the benefits of AI, while minimizing its potential costs and risks.
Artificial Intelligence has a pivotal role in the African economy and homegrown policies are needed to improve the continent’s chance of sustainable development.
To the Principles of AI as set out by the OECD.
- Inclusive growth, sustainable development and well-being;
- Human-centred values and fairness;
- Transparency and explainability;
- Robustness, security and safety;
Governments and policy-makers with strategies for:
- Investing in AI research and development;
- Fostering a digital ecosystem for AI;
- Shaping an enabling policy environment for AI;
- Building human capacity and preparing for labour market transformation;
- International co-operation for trustworthy AI.
Our impact on a continuous basis. To understand and describe the impact, we use the standardized Global Impact Investing Network’s IRIS reporting metrics super-imposed onto the SDG4 indicators. The metrics are designed to measure the social, environmental and financial performance of our organization.
The Education Support Forum is a South African registered Non Profit Orgainisation (186-593-NPO) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO No. – 930061043).